Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Summer Fun

Back at home and enjoying time with my family and starting to put the house back in order after two years of grad school!  In that time, two of our kids moved out as well so we're finally going to be doing things to the hosue we've been talking about and wanting to do.

Our oldest with his first surf-fishing rod.  He's soooo excited and even caught a black-tipped shark on his first surf fishing expedition! :)

Our dog and Robert's dog waiting for Robert to come back.  Awwww..


Rob and I took our first camping trip of the summer to Hanging Rock.






Fun with two of the Thomas' family on the 4th!

Oh, how I love this young man!!!!


Robert and the dogs were tired I think! :)  hehehehe

I've been wanting to learn to crochet for years; didn't think I was smart enough...  I finally have time to sit down and work on it, and with the help of a video class, I'm getting it.  This is my first swatch! I did my first dishrag today, and it's sooooo much better- better gauge, better stitches, smoother!!! Yay!


When we bought our first home a few years ago, there was old nasty wallpaper under the chair rail in the kitchen and a border on top.  We had to pull the wallpaper off the bottom because it was peeling off and looked bad, but we never had the time or money to paint.  We kept talking about it, but then I got in the math program and was too busy, and then started working on my  master's....  Finally we are starting!  Here is the first section of the kitchen done today- before and after.  I'm so happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment