Wednesday, September 24, 2008

hiding in my house from now on

last night's walmart run for collage stuff for my K's & 1st's art project today brought me the wondrous joy of hearing a group of people laughing at me and calling me a hippo as i was shopping in the same aisle with them. no, i was not being paranoid & no i was not being sensitive. i heard what i heard and barbara was there and can attest to the fact that they were laughing at me.

what did i do?- walked away, totally embarrassed, totally fuming mad- spouted off a few aisles away about fat people having feelings too, bought me a movie- Diary of a Mad Black Woman, came home and watched another "hippo"/fellow "Big Mama" character and laughed so hard- I needed that!!!

i'm thinking i need to stop going out into public except to go to church or work. and work, well these recent experiences have me thinking about that too. i just need to stay where i am and never leave- because at least now i've been there long enough that most people like me and see past the blubber butt to the skinny, nice girl inside- even if they can't see the skinny girl, they see the nice girl. if i start over somewhere else i'll have to "start over" on that too. i'm tired of this. mostly i'm tired of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment