Friday, January 04, 2013

2013- Page 3 - Thankful Thursday

I'm going to try to do a Thankful Thursday each week.  I just want to make sure I keep thinking of my blessings; I think I do this, but it can't hurt to be deliberate in keeping the thankfulness in the front of my brain. :)
  • thankful that I got to have four Christmases- with Shanesa, then all the young people, then our Thomas five, then my Illinois family. :)  As the kids are getting their own adult lives, we are having to learn to adjust.  Christmas is not what it once was, and that bothered me a little at times this last month, but then I remembered that we have to change.  I will miss the Christmases with my little ones, but we will make new memories and build new traditions and that will be fun too.  It was also so nice to spread out the fun, laughter, joy, and giving.
  • thankful for safety on our travels to IL & back- about 1,800 miles total and part of that was in snow
  • thankful my hubby is feeling better, that he went to the doctor (did you feel the Earth shift on its axis this week???? He NEVER goes to the dr.!), and that he is getting appointments for further medical care.
  • thankful for our healthcare provider- Sara is the BEST.  I've had some really crummy doctor experiences, but Sara has been so good to me and to the kids the few times they've gone in, and now to my hubby.  I am so thankful for her!!!!
  • thankful that I am finding/taking time to do some sewing and creating- it was so nice to give my kids(students) all fleece reading blankets, and I was able to make something for my assistant, Shanesa, Rita, Barbara, my sister, my brother (in-law), my niece, and now I'm working on pajama pants for my momma.  :)  
  • thankful for the laughter of children- I didn't want to go back to work, but I was so happy to see my kiddos and hear their laughter and get lots of hugs!


My niece, Zoe, LOVED this cloth when we were at the fabric store.  She kept pushing off the other bolts of fabric from the cart, leaning backwards to lay her head on it and saying, "soft, soft." :)  When the clerk was cutting it for us, she kept pointing and saying, "mine;" she wanted it back and was not happy that Aunt Beka had given away "her" soft fabric.  It was cute and funny, but she was oh so right- this stuff is amazingly soft.  I want a blanket or pj's with it too.  You're pretty smart, Zo!

No comments:

Post a Comment