Sunday, December 26, 2010

more Christmas photos

Just a few more photos from Christmas day.
One of Barbara's gifts was the movie Despicable Me, and when she opened it, she found the package included this cute little inflatable minion. She watched her movie with her minion buddy. I just thought it was kind of cute.
Matthew modeling his new jacket.


And THEN, it began to snow! Right here in NC, on Christmas Day, it began to SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a miracle. :) This part of the world hasn't had a white Christmas since 1969. And it snowed!

This is what it looked like while we were preparing food in the early afternoon.

Rob went out to pose for a fun photo in the snow once it began to stick. Mr. Claus says "Hello" from NC!

And this is what it looked like when we left for church at 5:30.
After dinner and a little down time, we went to Robert's church, Greensboro Vietnamese Baptist Church (VBC) for service. They had a very nice service in their gym with other churches including one that braved the weather and came from Raleigh. It was really neat! It made me homesick for heaven. I don't know or profess to have any understanding of what Heaven will be like, but I hope we don't lose all our differences there. I think it's just the neatest thing to have the myriad of languages, foods, skin tones, and cultures, and I hope heaven will retain that somehow.
See the tall young man there in the middle of the back row? That is our son, Robert.

I'm trying to get Blogger to load a couple of the videos I took, but I'm not having success. I'll post more snow photos and hopefully a video or two from church soon.

1 comment:

  1. First off, we got goggles with our "Despicable Me". I think the "Meenion" is FAR better. ;o)

    Second, I found uploading videos to Blogger was a nightmare and a half so I went to Dropshots.com instead. They're free, they upload videos fairly quickly, and then, you just copy and paste the code into your Blogger post, just like with YouTube. :o)

    I look forward to seeing the videos! :o)

    ReplyDelete